Friday 15 January 2016

Things I wished I had said - or written

Do you write because you have to - because you must?  Do you write to make sense of the world?  

Is writing for publication then a very different thing? 



If you, like me, ponder these things - this great article entitled 'Because I do', by Shauna Gilligan is a must-read.

She says......

.....creativity doesn’t care about ego. It just is. We create stories – write fiction – in order to make sense of our world. Because what it really means to be a writer is to live and be vulnerable. To have the capacity for hope and disappointment; to reflect this in your writing. To be that mirror of emotion and action.

Find the full article, entitled Because I do, on Writing.ie HERE

For more great thoughts from Shauna check out her blog HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment